Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Saturday, March 24, 2012

knitting FO & WIPs

Here are some things I have been working on, knitwise...


Above is a meditation mat, knit entirely in garter stitch using up tons of little bits of colored yarn threaded together with some undyed worsted & aran I found. It ended up being bigger than I planned but it will double nicely as a lap blanket, should the need arise. I might actually make more of these, using other colours as the base colour but continue the rainbow throughout. Still have to weave in ends and block it. 


This is just a simple toe-up simple sock with a short row heel. These are meant to be house socks. I'm using a Mirasol yarn and I love it! I was going to keep going until I ran out of yarn (two 50g balls) but it was already taller than I was planning so the end of the first ball went into the above mat. This is easy take-along knitting or social knitting. Hopefully I will be done this soon!


I don't remember if I mentioned these before, but these are Dan and Stacey Reunion socks. I'm using Cookie A's Sam pattern from Sock Innovation, and I'm using two different yarns as I'm doing this two at a time. This pattern does NOT lend itself well to this technique so I've had to do a fair amount of mental yoga to get it going, but I'm almost past the patterned section, the foot is entirely stockinette. Dan and I have roughly the same size feet, so we are going to share both pairs of socks. Isn't it romantic? I know, we are so mushy.

Today I paid for and downloaded my first pattern/book ever. Natalie from the Cloudy With a Chance of Fiber podcast and the woman behind #knitchat on Twitter was kind enough to send me a box stuffed with enough yarn to make a sweater and then some.


After poring over patterns in Ravelry, I found the one I'm going to knit. I'm going to keep that quiet for a bit, until I'm certain I will finish it, but it's a top down cardi.

No comments:

Post a Comment