Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Thursday, April 21, 2011

wishing for ice cream

Ha.

Since I blogged about weight loss in my last post, I should even the balance and talk about ice cream.

Last summer, Dan got on an ice cream making kick. It was great. Here are some of the flavours I remember:

Chocolate
Vanilla
Toasted Coconut
Lime
Cherry
Blueberry
Blackberry
Salal (sorbet)
Apricot
Peach
Caramel
Roasted Plum
Lemon


There were probably 30 or more flavours, all told, and some of them were sorbets. I can't remember them all but the little ice cream maker was going a lot last summer. We'd have friends over, give them each a spoon, and bring out as many flavours as we had on hand at the time. Then I told everyone not to tell their mothers about eating from the ice cream container!  (I know, now I'm totally busted for telling you all this. Believe me, it's worth it.)

It may seem that April is a bit early to be thinking about ice cream. I still have to scrape the ice off my windshield and warm up the truck before I leave for work in the morning. It's barely even spring, summer seems an impossibility just now. And yet. We've had a run of sunny days and everyone is just so darned excited about the potential for warm weather, that ice cream has been on my mind.

The nice thing about Dan's home made ice cream is that it's very rich. And that means after a few spoons full, I'm sated. And that nestles wonderfully into my weight loss program. So at the suggestion of a friend, I went to the store to buy some ice cream ingredients, laid them out on the counter, and hoped that Dan would see them and get the hint. 


Ingredients for a batch of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. Not pictured here are some smaller containers in which to put small amounts of each - wouldn't it be cool to have Neopolitan ice cream home made?

No comments:

Post a Comment