Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I have good people in my life

I have had the opportunity in the past month to visit a lot of friends and family, most of whom I won't get to see again for a long time. I have been hosted for dinners, taken for lunches, and been welcomed as an honoured houseguest for overnight stays. Really, this is where you see the best of people. I have been given a few gifts in my last days on the Island and I am deeply moved by the generosity of people who love me. For those of you who have been so kind to me in these last days and weeks, I wish to express my heartfelt thanks with deepest gratitude. You all know what a stressful time this has been for me these past two months since we first learned that Dan was offered the job in North Carolina. It has been quite emotional and some days it's everything I can do to keep myself together.

Tomorrow I will drive off the Island. I was going to take the Departure Bay - Horseshoe Bay ferry, but Steve convinced me that the Swartz Bay - Tsawassen Run would be easier. I defer, he's probably right given routes and traffic. I might not make the first ferry or even an early ferry, but I'll take two days to get to Edberg, where my sister most anxiously awaits me.

Sam has been pretty good in Steve & Toni's house, but she knows there is more tumult yet to come. I will do my best to make the cab of the truck comfy for her for our long journey.

And now, to pack up the truck tonight!

ps I have gotten a lot of knitting done these past few days, will blog about them separately when I can take good photos of my WIPs.

No comments:

Post a Comment