Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Alcohol Advent Calendar

I'm staying with my in-laws right now. There are five people in the house, and attendance at dinner ranges from three to five of us. One night at dinner, Thor (was it him?) suggested we do an alcohol advent calendar. Well okay then. We started December 1st. Here is the list so far:

December 1st: red wine
December 2nd: bourbon
December 3rd: Scotch
December 4th: rum & egg nog
December 5th: port
December 6th: mead (the very mead that Dan and I made at our wedding)
December 7th: ?? I don't think we are decided yet, but at the moment the liquor stock is increasing and we have a number of options available to us. On deck for future evenings: sherry, vodka, porter, stout, and cherry brandy (so far). I hear some Bailey's is on its way and we found an unlabeled bottle (thanks to Dan) that could either be mead or the cider we made in 2008. All very drinkable stuff.

Also: as the family patriarch's birthday is on December 27th, the advent calendar will run until then.

And someday, if I remember, I will post photos.

This just in: Carolan's Irish Cream just entered the house!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I don't think I'd be conscious by the time Xmas rolled around (I'm a lightweight).

    I'm not seeing my absolute favorite wine on the list Moscato! Light, sweet, mild, very subtly fruity.

    ReplyDelete