Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Saturday, November 27, 2010

why social media is great

The family member I'm knitting an alien for will probably never read this so it's safe to tell you about the flying saucer/UFO colour dilemma.

Dan helped me with the design of it, but when it got to choosing a colour, I was sure I was going to make the flying saucer grey. Dan told me that 'red is traditional'.

??

According to whom?

People who reads science fiction novels, he says.

(I don't read science fiction novels)

So I put it to Twitter and Facebook and a few friends via text messaging. The results were a resounding 13 votes in favour of silver/grey, two for red, one for black, one for blue.

Then I did a Google image search - they were greens and reds and some had stripes. So I'm going to knit it grey with a red stripe. And it will be cool,

No comments:

Post a Comment