Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Sunday, June 27, 2010

exremely a lot of fish

I know my subject line is grammatically incorrect. I do that sometimes to make sure you're paying attention. Ha.

Sorry I've been silent these last few days. My sore throat turned into a full fledged chest cold and I really couldn't afford to take any more time off work so...

I've been working a lot these past few days and have two more boats lined up tomorrow. I'm finally feeling like I really know my job and it's getting fun. Some of the skippers are super nice and it makes my job so much easier. We had a crazy busy weekend with some of our validators away so lots of the work has fallen to me. I get to smell like fish. A lot.

Despite my utter lack of voice and the chest cold ravaging through me, we still managed to pile on some social events to my work schedule. On Friday we went for dinner with the new friends next door to a float house restaurant. I took photos of dinner it was *fantastic*. Yesterday we went to visit some other new friends at their home overlooking the inlet. We watched a number of eagles hunting and saw two of them swoop down and catch some shallow-swimming rockfish. Tonight we had a third set of new friends (yay new friends!) over for dinner. What was it called? Hoki Loki or something? Rice, burger, fried egg, gravy. It was way better than it sounds. My sweety is one fantastic cook.

I'm finally starting to feel better, especially since I got some sleep last night. I'm also WAY behind on posting about fibrefest - I haven't forgotten! I've just been really sick.

But don't worry, dear reader, I haven't forgotten about you!

1 comment:

  1. So sucky to be sick! And to have to slog through it. But hurray for new friends indeed; I so look forward to photos and more posts. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete