Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fogust

Fogust. That's what they call this month around here. What will all the fog.

We did see three days of sun this month, this past weekend. It was actually hot and my tomato plants were happy. Our next door neighbours had their sprinkler on for 18 hours straight. But then the temperatures cooled and we are back to not being able to see more than 50 feet in front of us. Maybe 100.

I hung clothes out to dry yesterday. They were almost dry, in the sun. When I went to gather them this morning, they were absolutely laden with mist.

I had the front door open yesterday and I heard clomp clomp clomp at the front door. One of the deer fawns that lives in the thicket across the street was thinking about coming in!

When I got home from work at 3:00am, there was a bear cub in our front yard! He ran away at the sight of my truck.

I'm in a bit of a crabby mood today. Lots of crappy stuff happening that I can't write about here. I sure feel like I want to run away though.

Meanwhile, Dan is making kimchi. So things aren't all bad.

1 comment:

  1. Yep, they call it Fogust on the East Coast too. One of several reasons the Skipper is happy to be out here. Hours of sunshine are definitely a major criteria for me--has such an impact on my mood!

    Amazing the wildlife at your doorstep in the rainforest, though!

    ReplyDelete