Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Friday, August 6, 2010

knitting into the fall

I am officially allowed to think about knitting for autumn and Christmas. I say this because I get to teach some project classes in the fall where make seasonal fun stuff. I'm teaching a kids class in September - what should we make? I'll also be teaching knitting to some home-schooled girls. So I'll need to think of things that kids would like.

I'm a kid too, really, just a 36-year-old one. Today I'll spend some time thinking about things to make for the autumn, then perhaps Thanksgiving, then Hallowe'en, (Thanksgiving in Canada is in October), then ramp up to Christmas.

I'm thinking about having a different Christmas project class each week for six weeks over November and December. That way people can pick and choose what they want to knit.

It sure is fun thinking about this stuff. I mean it does get in the way of my own knitting projects but it stretches my creativity in fun ways. I would like to incorporate a number of techniques into the project classes for the fall, including beads, felting, and embroidery.

I'm also thinking about things I can make or put together for Christmas craft fairs. I have lots of ideas and need only time to do them. At the moment, I have time. This week I'll only log about 14 hours (unless I get called in tomorrow) so I do have time to work on my knitting and knitting plans.

1 comment:

  1. After being at Filberg and hearing about the kind of careers that people create on the craft fair circuit, I would definitely get on that road if you have the time. But AACK! I'm not ready to start thinking about Christmas!!! I'm only just starting to get my head around the possibility of being back in the classroom teaching in a few weeks! But my fall and overwinter veg are getting planted in the garden, so the reality is in front of me...

    ReplyDelete