Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Friday, June 3, 2011

better day

Today was by far a better day than yesterday. Knowing Dan is safe and getting settled into a good and happy place, I can release the proverbial breath I didn't know I was holding. All I need is a go date and I will be content.

I have some vacation time accrued at the hospital, and my options were to take them or to have them paid out when I leave. I have decided to take the next three Mondays off, to keep up with the productivity my weekends have been enjoying. I'm getting lots done and plenty of rest. Lots of furniture will leave this weekend. I might have a garage sale. K2 declared I should go to the lake with them tomorrow - can it really be warm enough? It's warm enough to get out there and start working on our summer tans. I'm in. It will be the first chance for me to wear my bikini at my new weight.

Just now I ran into my fish boss at the grocery store. He asked if I was still working for him. It's a funny question, really, but I haven't given notice and he knows I'll be leaving soon, so it was a fair question. Then he followed up with "if you are available, I have a boat for you on Sunday at 9am, just a small one..." Well okay.

Dan built a rocket stove a few months ago, which involved making wood frames and then filling the frames with thermal mass. Brick, rocks, and dirt. I get the lovely task of dismantling this contraption, but luckily a couple of friends have offered to help. I'm glad, because I would need an entire weekend just to do that if I were to do it by myself. I'm hoping to get the yard in a tidy place this weekend, figure out the weed whacker (Jen? Help?), and perhaps get the truck loaded for another dump run on Monday. Things are happening...

My mother is in the process of getting her first passport ever. She will be making the whole trip with me and hasn't crossed the border in something like 35 years. She is *so* excited about this trip! Again, we just need a go date...

2 comments:

  1. Just managed to get all caught up. I'm so glad you two are happy about the new place! I hope things move along quickly. I'm sure being able to talk to him more regularly will help make things a little easier until then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about your mom road tripping with you! Glad to hear you will have company and a good visit. Fingers crossed for you about that go date!

    ReplyDelete