Mr, Cupcake at Craters of the Moon

Mr, Cupcake at Craters of the Moon
Mr. Cupcake at Craters of the Moon

Sunday, June 19, 2011

yarnsalad has some codeine

I've been grumpy for much of the last week. I miss Dan, I'm ready to leave, there was a full moon and an eclipse. Grump, grump, grump. Then, yesterday, I realized that much of my grumpiness can be attributed to PMS.

WHUMP.

I woke up this morning with migraine, cramps, lower back pain. I was supposed to offload a boat but I called in sick. There is no way I could be around cigarette smoke or the sound of forklifts for five hours, much less do mathematical calculations.

With the cramps and back pain I had yesterday, I had used up almost all of the ibuprofen we had in the house. How can this be? We are usually quite well stocked. Well, I live in a town where nothing really opens until 10am, especially on a Sunday, so there was no help for it. I had to get out the T3.

I think quite some time ago I posted about the sandwich-sized ziploc bag our former landlords gave us that was full of extra-strength Tylenol & T3s. We have been using them over the years (four years now) and they sure do come in handy.

I'm not very fond of taking codeine, I don't like what it does to me. I feel fuzzy and numb, like when I turn my head, the room takes a half second to catch up. But it often does the trick where a migraine is concerned. (I don't have a prescription for migraine meds, see, and even though I have medical coverage through the hospital, I don't want to be spending money on these things).

So this is where I am right now - in a codeine fuzz...

1 comment:

  1. Boy wow. When it rains it pours! I hope you feel normal enough to be off the codeine soon! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete