Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Something I sewed: a Bag bag


It might not look like much but it is actually an important storage solution for me. These became pretty popular (as I recall) in the 90s. You stuff the plastic grocery bag in the top, and when you need one, pull it out from the bottom. I have never made one before but had a rough idea of how they worked. It needed a handle, a rectangle, and two bits of elastic. The elastic at the bottom is smaller than the bit at the top. I didn't bother with finishing it nicely because a) I was in a hurry and wanted it NOW, and b) this was my first attempt and didn't care too much if it looked messy.

  See, I got a sewing machine from My Sweety for Christmas 2009 and because all my sewing stuff has been buried and disorganized, I haven't done much sewing. But with the big clean-up we did prior to his family coming to visit for Christmas, things got a bit more organized and I even got a sewing basket for Christmas this year from Dan's mom. Now I *have* to get organized and do more sewing. It's good - it's a skill I want to develop. I have several bins worth of fabric I got for free or cheap, and I'd like to tune my creative mojo into that skill as well. Stay tuned, I'm hoping to get a number of items for the home done each week, which naturally I will photograph and post about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment