Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Monday, January 17, 2011

Ucluelet /= Burnaby

If you look at the FeedJit tool at the side of my blog, for some reason you will not see "Ucluelet". That's where I live. When I come to the page, it shows up as Burnaby.

??

This makes no sense. Burnaby is hundreds of kilometers away from here. I'm on the far west coast of Vancouver Island, Burnaby is on the mainland. But the computer is reading the location of my Internet Service Provider, and although I get my Internet through Ukee Cable, for some reason it goes through Burnaby.

It's the same with Tofino - if someone from Tofino reads my blog, it says "Courtenay".

Ah, living in a remote community. Gotta love it.

1 comment:

  1. When I visited sites from the cabin on Mayne, it usually showed me as somewhere in the States. Not just wrong settlement, wrong bleeding country.

    ReplyDelete