Mr. Noodle

Mr. Noodle
Mr. Noodle

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

St. Patrick's Day socks

I joined my first KAL (knit-a-long) through my Twitter friend @knittyornice. There is a sister blog where all the participants (I think we're up to 13 now?) contribute and post about their socks. I think it's a fun idea, I really like the idea of communal blogging.

I have posted about this particular set of socks there so I'll only mention this briefly: these are the Belle Epoque socks from the 2-at-a-Time Socks pattern book by Melissa Morgan-Oakes. It's a great book and through it I taught myself how to knit socks.

Now here is a funny thing. In a couple of weeks, I'll be teaching a sock knitting class at Knits by the Sea in Tofino. So, while I taught myself how to knit socks the 2-at-a-time method on circular needles, Ellie would like me to teach with dpns, one at a time. Hm. I have never knit socks on dpns. Well, how hard can it be? The pattern and the techniques will be just the same, it's just going to have lots more pointy ends. I'll do my practice sock this week.

In case you are wondering why this post is entitled "St. Patrick's Day socks", it's because, last March 17th, I realized to my horror that Dan and I didn't have hand-knit green socks to wear! My birthday was the week that followed so I marched myself over to the Gaia's Colours workshop and got myself two skeins of sock yarn: by the time March 17 rolls around next year, we'll have socks.

For those of you who are new to following me, I used to blog on LiveJournal and posted about why March 17th is special to us here.

No comments:

Post a Comment