Mr, Cupcake at Craters of the Moon

Mr, Cupcake at Craters of the Moon
Mr. Cupcake at Craters of the Moon

Friday, July 2, 2010

the longest cold I've ever had

Please bear with me while I whine.

It started as a sore throat. Then feeling crappy kicked in. I thought I was getting better, then I started coughing and the sore throat returned. The cold moved to my head, then back to my chest and I swear I have been having nightly coughing fits for more than a week now.

I'm on day 12 of being sick, and colds usually last 4-6 days for me, so this is unusual. Finally yesterday I decided it was time to go to the doctor. It was a holiday, so naturally the one clinic in this tiny town was closed. Guess what? They are closed today too. Long weekend for the staff. Happy Canada Day.

Ugh.

I could cry. I'm feeling so crappy again - I'm tired, fatigued, my chest hurts and I'm so bloody tired of coughing, and I can't get a good night's rest. All this is making me super crabby (forgive me, please, dear reader). I just want to feel better. I just want to be able to get a lung full of air. I just want to go for a walk and not feel like 15 minutes is more than I can handle. I want to sleep through the night.

By the time the clinic opens on Monday, I hope to the heavens that I am better and don't need them anyway. For insurance I went to the nearby pharmacy (so thankful it is 500m away) and got the strongest expectorant cough medicine I could find. If this doesn't help, my problems are bigger than just a cold, I suspect.

And it is finally beautiful today! I have been bemoaning about how summer hasn't arrived yet and it's July for crying out loud. It was cold yesterday, so cold I considered getting a fire going in the wood stove. Now it is nice and sunny and I want to go to the beach but I just have no energy.

Wah.

1 comment:

  1. I know it doesn't help, but there is definitely something going around--Ursa and also my sister have had the horrible cough-y thing for a few weeks.... Ugh!

    ReplyDelete