I started these socks quite a long time ago. By that I mean several months.
It was my first foray into toe-up socks. I know I probably said that about the Jim Socks too, but it's because I started them at the same time. With the Jim Socks, I used a pattern from the Socks from the Toe Up book.
In this case, I was just going to use a formula (also a first) for toe-up and the short-row shaping for the heel.
I used some Regia yarn for this. Still have rather a lot left. Might get a pair of ankle socks out of them, actually.
It took a long time to get through these partly because I got bored of the yarn, got bored of the pattern, got stuck on the short row heel... But eventually I had one sock and I was tired of having only one sock. I bound off sometime last week and then another few days passed before I actually wove in the ends.
But now, I have another pair of socks to wear! They are a bit slouchy but that's okay. I can now wear hand-knit socks for five days in a row. That's pretty exciting. I only had my first pair of socks in February this year, so I'm doing alright.